Top 7 Health Tips For Men And Women
OK, Here Are The 7 Health Tips For Men and Women
1. Eat right:
On average, men should consume about 2,000 to 3,000 calories per day, while women should consume about 1,600 to 2,400 calories per day. Although the more active you are, the more calories you can consume.
Of course, the healthiest foods to eat are fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains. Mushrooms and eggs can also be considered healthy food.
Now, when it comes to meat, not all meats are necessarily unhealthy. Yet, there are certain types of meats you do want to avoid.
For example, processed meats such as hot dogs and salami are saturated in fat and sodium, plus they raise your risk of getting cancer. Oh and rumor has it, red meat can be just as unhealthy.
Perhaps it may just be safe to stay away from meat completely, but that’s totally up to you. I’m not going to shame you for eating meat, though I hope you’re an advocate of humane animal dispatching.
In fact, if you love meat but also love animals, there are vegetarian and vegan alternatives that taste just like meat. I’ve actually been getting interested in these recipes where you can actually make things like steak, burgers, chicken wings and crab with natural meat-less ingredients.
Yet, if you do opt to continue eating meat, fish and non-processed poultry are generally safer meats to eat, or at least limit yourself from eating processed meat too often. And remember to stay away from the fattier cuts of meat too.
Overall, it’s recommended that you keep your consumption of salt, sugar, sodium and fat well regulated. To make this easier for you, there are great meal delivery services like Sun Basket, where you can order healthy meals, with detailed nutritional breakdowns and ingredient descriptions.
You can even create custom made meals that work best for you with Sun Basket. And if you’re on the go, Built Bar has the best protein bars I’ve discovered yet! What I especially like about Built Bar is that they have so many varieties of protein bar flavors, some I’ve never even seen before.
2. Drink enough water:
First of all, you should be consuming ‘drinking water’, also known as ‘potable water’ which is basically water that’s safe to drink. That’s why filters exist!
If you don’t have a filtration system or potable water in your area, the best thing you can do is boil water. This is to ensure you kill harmful organisms such as bacteria, viruses and parasites.
Now, as far as the amount of potable water you should drink, this varies in different body sizes, ages, environments, activities and condition.
Yet, as a general rule, men should drink about 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of water each day, while women should drink 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of water each day. Although some doctors recommend a minimum of 6 to 8 cups of water a day for the human body.
As for the benefits of consuming water, here are seven reasons why you should be drinking potable water regularly:
- Being that blood is over 90% water, and blood delivers oxygen throughout your body, water is essential for your circulatory system.
- Water lubricates your joints, which aids in shock absorbing and prevents you from getting pain in your joints.
- Water forms necessary body fluids such as saliva, which keeps necessary body parts moist and helps you digest food better too.
- Water actually helps in keeping your skin young and healthy.
- Water regulates your body temperature.
- Water can also help you boost your energy, exercise better and lose more weight.
- And finally, water helps you release body waste properly such as urine and sweat.
By the way, as a fun fact, fruit infused water makes drinking water a lot better and healthier. If you haven’t tried this before, try it out and you might enter a universe you never did before. You can do this by adding fruit and or vegetables in your drinking water.
It is recommended that you exercise about 30 minutes everyday, or 1 hour, two to three times a week. This includes stretching before, in between and or after working out.
While exercising too little can prove to be ineffective, exercising too much can be dangerous for you. In fact, check out these 5 Fitness Tips to get you in great shape the right way.
Yet, exercising has many more benefits than just helping you lose weight or keeping you fit. For example, it also helps you improve your mental health and your mood, it can help you live longer, and it can help you reduce the risk of some cancers and heart diseases.
4. Sleep well:
It is advised that people above 65 get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night, younger adults should get 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night, while children need 9 to 15 hours of sleep each night.
Sleeping well has many benefits, such as keeping your heart healthy, it lowers your blood pressure, it reduces your stress, and it improves your mood as well as your memory.
Therefore, take the time you need to work on your goals, just remember to rest well too so that you can continue working on those goals of yours. You need a well functioning brain in this journey.
5. Take the right supplements:
Here’s a list of the top 12 supplements recommended to be taken regularly to maintain or improve your health. Yet, always make sure to consult with a doctor, consider your allergies, and check the supplement side effects.
OK, here they are…
- Multivitamins: Help you fill in the nutrient insufficiencies you may have, and boosts your health significantly. Multivitamins also help you in areas like your energy, mood, memory, muscles, stress and anxiety. We can include Vitamin D here, which helps you regulate phosphate and calcium in your body. These are needed to keep your teeth, bones and muscles healthy.
- Fish Oil Omega-3: Helps you fight inflammation, sharpens your brain, supports heart health, supports eye health and boost bone density.
- Calcium: Helps you build and maintain your teeth and bones, and also supports your heart and muscle function.
- Magnesium: Helps you support your heart health, blood pressure, digestion, muscles and also helps you manage your stress.
- Folic Acid: Helps you improve your heart health and reduces your risk of heart disease.
- Zinc: Helps you prevent and recover from infectious diseases, and also needed for your immune function maintenance and growth.
- Iron: Helps you maintain your physical capacity, your energy, immune system, body temperature, and also helps you resist infections.
- Probiotics: Helps support your digestive system, as well as prevent conditions like constipation and diarrhea.
- Antioxidants: Helps your eye health, reduces the risk of many diseases, and reduces damaged caused by oxidation.
- Guna-Sleep: Helps you with sleep difficulties such as insomnia and poor sleep habits.
- Garcinia Cambogia: Helps you lose weight and achieve your weight loss goals naturally.
- Nootropics: There are many types of Nootropics, such as L-theanine alone, and Alpha Brain which already contains L-theanine. Nootropics are designed to help you improve your mental performance such as boosting your memory, motivation and focus.
6. Know your allergies and intolerances:
There are many types of allergies, such as food allergies, contact allergies, and drug allergies. Some of us may be allergic to or intolerent of something without even realizing that we are.
For example, I was having horrible stomach aches and bloating for a while that kept me from being productive and overall happy really. Then I realized that this was because I’m lactose intolerant.
I was a bit sad at first, but now I feel unstoppable since I stopped consuming milk! Therefore, it’s important that you learn more about what you could be allergic to or intolerant of so that you know what to avoid.
7. Visit the doctor:
Of course, it’s also important that you go to the doctor and get your regular check ups, get some blood work done, get vaccinated when needed, and now there may be times that we need to get tested for Covid19.
In any case, it’s important that we follow the necessary procedures, instructions and regulations when it comes to Covid19 and overall our health, as well as the health of others.
BONUS! Self care:
Self-care is a lot more important than a lot of people realize, or choose to consider. And there are other types of self care practices, in addition to physical self-care.
For example, there’s mental self-care, emotional self-care, and spiritual self-care. The self-care things you can do range from brushing your teeth well, taking bubble baths, meditating, to avoiding toxic people that drain your energy. Working on your goals can be therapeutic too!
If you haven’t considered self-care before, or even if you have, check this article out. Yet, when you enter your email below or above, I will be sending you the top and latest health tips that will make all of this seem mediocre.
Alright, that’s it for now. Remember that sharing is caring and I believe that you’re a caring person too, so please share this with others to help them too. Enjoy!